Tech Suit Advice for Masters Women

Any female masters swimmers out there have suggestions for tech suits? Some of us are no longer shaped like skinny high school girls, and I'm having trouble finding a tech suit that can physically get over my hips and thighs but not be waaaayy too loose on top. Are there any brands or models that people have found to be accommodating to the bodies of older masters swimmers? If I'm spending that kind of money on a suit, it needs to fit properly.
Parents
  • Blueseventy got back to me pretty quickly (within hours) and while she willingly provided the info for the NeroTX, she suggested that the NeroFit was made specifically for Masters swimmers - especially those with proportions that are more than 1 size off on different measurements on their chart. I don't feel confident in the size she recommended for me, though...a 36. Yes, this fits my height and weight (6' 175lb) but it's the same size as my practice suit. I'll wear a 36-38 for practice and a lycra 34 for racing. Honestly the Lycra 34s aren't as snug as I would like all the time but I get get a 32 to stretch over my shoulders at all. But she had that info to make her recommendation, so I would hope a 36 is correct. I'm tempted to order the 34. After reading a bunch of reviews, I bit the bullet and ordered the NeroFit in a 32. I'm now 173lb, 38chest, 30waist, 42 hips. I can't believe I got this thing on. There was a tiny bit of sweat involved and getting it over the hips was PAINFUL. But once it was magically on - 19 minutes later - I knew this was the best bet. I couldn't have crammed the hips into a smaller size and the chest area fits beautiful out of water. If the chest was any bigger I'd be nervous of it taking on water. The shoulders are a bit snug but usually that level of snug ends up feeling fine in the water. I wish I had another 1/8 inch of stretch in the crotch - I'm not worried about the 200s & under but I'm a tad nervous about the 500 & 1000. I'll probably rub some body glide or petroleum jelly down there just in case. The last thing I need in the 1000 is being distracted by my crotch feeling on fire and that's the first race I plan to wear it in.
  • Blueseventy got back to me pretty quickly (within hours) and while she willingly provided the info for the NeroTX, she suggested that the NeroFit was made specifically for Masters swimmers - especially those with proportions that are more than 1 size off on different measurements on their chart. I don't feel confident in the size she recommended for me, though...a 36. Yes, this fits my height and weight (6' 175lb) but it's the same size as my practice suit. I'll wear a 36-38 for practice and a lycra 34 for racing. Honestly the Lycra 34s aren't as snug as I would like all the time but I get get a 32 to stretch over my shoulders at all. But she had that info to make her recommendation, so I would hope a 36 is correct. I'm tempted to order the 34. After reading a bunch of reviews, I bit the bullet and ordered the NeroFit in a 32. I'm now 173lb, 38chest, 30waist, 42 hips. I can't believe I got this thing on. There was a tiny bit of sweat involved and getting it over the hips was PAINFUL. But once it was magically on - 19 minutes later - I knew this was the best bet. I couldn't have crammed the hips into a smaller size and the chest area fits beautiful out of water. If the chest was any bigger I'd be nervous of it taking on water. The shoulders are a bit snug but usually that level of snug ends up feeling fine in the water. I wish I had another 1/8 inch of stretch in the crotch - I'm not worried about the 200s & under but I'm a tad nervous about the 500 & 1000. I'll probably rub some body glide or petroleum jelly down there just in case. The last thing I need in the 1000 is being distracted by my crotch feeling on fire and that's the first race I plan to wear it in.
Children
No Data