Tech Suit Advice for Masters Women

Any female masters swimmers out there have suggestions for tech suits? Some of us are no longer shaped like skinny high school girls, and I'm having trouble finding a tech suit that can physically get over my hips and thighs but not be waaaayy too loose on top. Are there any brands or models that people have found to be accommodating to the bodies of older masters swimmers? If I'm spending that kind of money on a suit, it needs to fit properly.
Parents
  • Haha! I'm totally fine with suffering through - I get that, I've been doing that with tech suits for decades - but there is a difference between REALLY REALLY tight and physically impossible. The sizing charts for every brand have my hip measurements in at least 3 if not 4 sizes larger than my chest measurements would (yes, I am measuring correctly, and no, my body is unfortunately not at all proportional). I tried a speedo about a year ago, tried it on at a speedo swim shop at a big meet and went with the size the expert there suggested, but it filled with so much water in the top on my first race I had to ditch it for the rest of the meet and resort to my old fs2. Most of these suits don't seem to have enough give to physically get it on without tearing - wondering if anyone else has the same issue, or has found any that are more forgiving for us older folks that don't have perfectly shaped bodies?
  • Haha! I'm totally fine with suffering through - I get that, I've been doing that with tech suits for decades - but there is a difference between REALLY REALLY tight and physically impossible. The sizing charts for every brand have my hip measurements in at least 3 if not 4 sizes larger than my chest measurements would (yes, I am measuring correctly, and no, my body is unfortunately not at all proportional). I tried a speedo about a year ago, tried it on at a speedo swim shop at a big meet and went with the size the expert there suggested, but it filled with so much water in the top on my first race I had to ditch it for the rest of the meet and resort to my old fs2. Most of these suits don't seem to have enough give to physically get it on without tearing - wondering if anyone else has the same issue, or has found any that are more forgiving for us older folks that don't have perfectly shaped bodies?
Children
No Data