Noob: overweight and nervous for upcoming class

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, I'm brand new to swimming and I'm signed up for a class beginning next week. I just received in the mail: two jammer shorts that fit well (size 40 waist), two swim caps, and two sets of goggles that seem good. I'm not scared of the water but I am concerned about my body image. Will I be glared at or is it common to see fat people at the pool? I don't really see a practical/comfortable way to wear a 'shirt' to cover up my hairy chest and belly. Will I be committing any faux pas by showing my hairy chest and back? Should I even care? Thanks for any advice and encouragement :)
Parents
  • I agree with Sojerz, use your mouth. As time goes on you can move to the nose. Be patient and forgiving with yourself as you learn swimming skills. The most important thing in the water is to RELAX. If you are working a small problem too hard you will be tense. Swimming is chill and loose.
  • I agree with Sojerz, use your mouth. As time goes on you can move to the nose. Be patient and forgiving with yourself as you learn swimming skills. The most important thing in the water is to RELAX. If you are working a small problem too hard you will be tense. Swimming is chill and loose.
Children
No Data