4 year break flip turns make me nauseous

Former Member
Former Member
Hey all ive been coaching on and off over the past 10 years. I used to always get in and help my swimmers in the water by doing drills with them, showing them turns and stuff. Recently ive been away from swimming for about 4 years. I just got back into the pool the other day to work on turns, but the weirdest thing happens whenever i flip or even open turn (like a fast open turn). Ill do my flip but it will make my head start spinning. I feel it entirely in my head, ill do the flip, get dizzy and my head will tingle a little bit. Its actually really scary and i only did a couple turns the first day. Yesterday i went a little more intense and did about 15 turns, the last few felt a little better but now im feeling a little nauseous in bed. Im not sure with all of the research in concussions and symptoms but is this something that i should be able to work through and keep doing, or should I not swim until i can get it figured out? Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Thanks for the advice everyone, i went to the doctor and he couldn't find anything wrong with me. He said it was probably just vertigo. I'm going to keep trying to do them every once in a while, but ill focus on getting in shape first and hopefully that will help. He said to keep an eye on it and make sure it doesnt get worse and start to show up while doing other things. I'm hoping that this is something temporary, it seemed to happen on both open turns and flip turns. I think the biggest thing for me is to just limit the ammount that i do so I dont get too nauseous afterwards. Ill look into Menieres and see what it is and if these symptoms continue ill bring it up to my doctor and see what i need to do to see if i have it. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Thanks for the advice everyone, i went to the doctor and he couldn't find anything wrong with me. He said it was probably just vertigo. I'm going to keep trying to do them every once in a while, but ill focus on getting in shape first and hopefully that will help. He said to keep an eye on it and make sure it doesnt get worse and start to show up while doing other things. I'm hoping that this is something temporary, it seemed to happen on both open turns and flip turns. I think the biggest thing for me is to just limit the ammount that i do so I dont get too nauseous afterwards. Ill look into Menieres and see what it is and if these symptoms continue ill bring it up to my doctor and see what i need to do to see if i have it. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Children
No Data