Work out advice

Former Member
Former Member
I am getting ready for a swim meet in the middle of March. I am trying something new and will be doing 50s (fly, *** and free). Any advice as to what my workouts should look like? I am also going to add some weight training and would welcome advice on that topic as well. Thank you in advance. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Parents
  • Are you going to find a masters team be just swim on your own? If you can get on a team you will do sooooo much better ... This is not necessarily true for sprinters. Most masters teams do predominantly aerobic work, which won't help your 50s. 50s require unique speed training very suitable for solo practices. You need to work on: starts, turns, SDKs (streamline dolphin kicks), very fast 12.5y-15m sprints, fast 25s and a few race simulation 50s. All these efforts should be done with maximum rest. For example, I usually do all out 25s on 3:00-3:30 with a 75 EZ in between each one. Some strength training and plyometrics will help your sprinting as well, if you have time. I haven't looked at the new high intensity training workouts. But if you go to the archived high intensity workouts, you will find workouts from 2012-13 that are perfect for 50/100 training.
  • Are you going to find a masters team be just swim on your own? If you can get on a team you will do sooooo much better ... This is not necessarily true for sprinters. Most masters teams do predominantly aerobic work, which won't help your 50s. 50s require unique speed training very suitable for solo practices. You need to work on: starts, turns, SDKs (streamline dolphin kicks), very fast 12.5y-15m sprints, fast 25s and a few race simulation 50s. All these efforts should be done with maximum rest. For example, I usually do all out 25s on 3:00-3:30 with a 75 EZ in between each one. Some strength training and plyometrics will help your sprinting as well, if you have time. I haven't looked at the new high intensity training workouts. But if you go to the archived high intensity workouts, you will find workouts from 2012-13 that are perfect for 50/100 training.
Children
No Data