Starting Over

Shoulder surgery has kept me out of the pool for five months. I now have the go-ahead from my doc to start swimming, but I'm afraid I've lost my sewing mojo. There was a point not long ago when I couldn't wait to get back into the pool, but for some reason it seems like I'm starting all over again. When I had to stop, I was swimming a mile several times a week (for me that's a lot), but now I'm thinking I'll be good to make it one lap. I also had a bad onset of vertigo recently and I'm worried that it might come back when I swim. Though I think it was swimming that kept it from happening for so long. If anyone has been through a long layoff, I'd like to hear how you motivated yourself to get back to the pool.
Parents
  • So happy to see that you are back in the water again, Denise! Taking it one step at a time and being as consistent as you can will really help you to make swimming part of your routine again. Focus on building your technical base first, so that you can have a good stroke that will keep you injury-free as you continue to increase yardage. The forum can be the best place to keep getting encouragement and motivation on this journey. Good luck and most importantly - enjoy!
  • So happy to see that you are back in the water again, Denise! Taking it one step at a time and being as consistent as you can will really help you to make swimming part of your routine again. Focus on building your technical base first, so that you can have a good stroke that will keep you injury-free as you continue to increase yardage. The forum can be the best place to keep getting encouragement and motivation on this journey. Good luck and most importantly - enjoy!
Children
No Data