Beware no breathers: tragedy at pool

Former Member
Former Member
Parents
  • Actually, thinking about this, I wonder how long it was before somebody noticed him. Presumably, a healthy 21 year old could be resuscitated without incident if he was not under long. A nonfatal drowning due to 50 meter underwaters occurred with my daughter's former team and it was parents that brought it to lifeguards attention (almost missing a second blacked out child in the water with the commotion of the first). I swim at multiple facilities, some with and some without lifeguards. Anecdotally, I am not sure the presence of lifeguards is very cost effective or very lifesaving.
  • Actually, thinking about this, I wonder how long it was before somebody noticed him. Presumably, a healthy 21 year old could be resuscitated without incident if he was not under long. A nonfatal drowning due to 50 meter underwaters occurred with my daughter's former team and it was parents that brought it to lifeguards attention (almost missing a second blacked out child in the water with the commotion of the first). I swim at multiple facilities, some with and some without lifeguards. Anecdotally, I am not sure the presence of lifeguards is very cost effective or very lifesaving.
Children
No Data