Beware no breathers: tragedy at pool

Former Member
Former Member
Parents
  • Bob Bowman, who has been very active in educating the swimming community on the dangers of shallow water blackout, recently took to social media to plead for a stop to the practice pf prolonged breath-holding: "PLEASE STOP EXTENDED BREATH-HOLDING ACTIVITIES. THEY ARE NOT RELEVANT TO COMPETITIVE SWIMMING PERFORMANCE AND CAN BE FATAL." I couldn't agree more. If you would like more info on shallow water blackout, you can check out my 3-part series on the subject via SwimSwam: swimswam.com/.../ swimswam.com/.../ swimswam.com/.../
  • Bob Bowman, who has been very active in educating the swimming community on the dangers of shallow water blackout, recently took to social media to plead for a stop to the practice pf prolonged breath-holding: "PLEASE STOP EXTENDED BREATH-HOLDING ACTIVITIES. THEY ARE NOT RELEVANT TO COMPETITIVE SWIMMING PERFORMANCE AND CAN BE FATAL." I couldn't agree more. If you would like more info on shallow water blackout, you can check out my 3-part series on the subject via SwimSwam: swimswam.com/.../ swimswam.com/.../ swimswam.com/.../
Children
No Data