Beware no breathers: tragedy at pool

Former Member
Former Member
Parents
  • That "need for air" pain is telling you that you're about to pass out. Without it (from hyperventilating or deep breathing), you just pass out. I once came close to having a similar experience when the team that rented the pool I use, changed pool locations, taking their backstroke flags with them! Luckily I acknowledged the prolonged lack of turn cue and slowed down in time for it not be serious. My head still hit the wall hard enough to bleed though. Now, I never attempt backstroke without first making sure the flags are up.
  • That "need for air" pain is telling you that you're about to pass out. Without it (from hyperventilating or deep breathing), you just pass out. I once came close to having a similar experience when the team that rented the pool I use, changed pool locations, taking their backstroke flags with them! Luckily I acknowledged the prolonged lack of turn cue and slowed down in time for it not be serious. My head still hit the wall hard enough to bleed though. Now, I never attempt backstroke without first making sure the flags are up.
Children
No Data