calf cramps

Does anyone get calf cramps? Mine seem to happen if I push off the wall to hard...it doesn't happen all the time but the problem is I never know when it is going to happen, not good for meets. I realize I'm not 20 anymore but I just though there might be something I can try. I try to stay hydrated, but I don't bring anything to drink when I workout and I swim between 2000-3000 yds. a day. I have tried magnesium, potassium and other supplements. Mind you it is getting better but it still happens. I can't swim a fly more than 15-20 yds. before it happens. Sometimes (not often) it hurts so bad I have to stop swimming and stretch my leg in the water. I have not seen a physician yet and I probably won't... Any help would be appreciated sorry just noticed that there were several posts on this subject...am reading them all.
Parents
  • Do you go to the gym? Even if you don't, try this. hold anything at waist high to grasp. Do toe raises to the extent of flat to as high as you can go to tip toes in sets of 25 to 50 per set. I have found this really strengthens my calfs.
  • Do you go to the gym? Even if you don't, try this. hold anything at waist high to grasp. Do toe raises to the extent of flat to as high as you can go to tip toes in sets of 25 to 50 per set. I have found this really strengthens my calfs.
Children
No Data