Left Arm and Freestyle Stroke

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, this is kind of odd because I've been swimming a long time. I am a right handed person. A few years back I noticed that my left arm was sore and during certain yoga postures that it is less flexible than my right arm. I cross train for exercise and swim only once a week, but it is a fairly intense workout, I swim almost a mile in a pool at a good pace. I do half freestyle and half back strokes. I breathe to my right and my right arm feels fine and provides lots of power. But lately I have been experimenting with my left arm, trying to roll a little while I swim, trying to get the solid stroke feel I get with my right arm. With the right arm my head and body are going back into the water after breathing and the right arm feels strong and powerful with the stroke. With the left arm I am using it while my head is turned to breathe on my right and it's feels strained and less powerful. I tried waiting a little with the left arm, putting the left arm more in front of my head than straight in front of my left shoulder and it's helping, I'm getting less pain in my left arm the rest of the week. Any suggestions for making my left arm stroke feel as natural and powerful as my right arm stroke for the freestyle?
Parents Reply Children
No Data