Continuous swimming...

Former Member
Former Member
Hey, I started swimming in June this year. Took me about a month to learn it, I'm still in learning phase though. I can breathe while swimming (freestyle), but after about 2-3 minutes I get out of breathe...I could only go from one side of the pool to the other and back to where I started...after that I must wait for like 5 minutes until I can swim again. What am I doing wrong?
Parents
  • Remember, swimming is a lot harder an exercise than it looks. You've gotten lots of great advice here, so I'll just add that it takes lots of practice to build the kind of stamina you need for longer distances, so be patient. I see all sorts of swimmers at my pool, and when I notice someone with great technique, I talk to him or her when they're taking a break.
  • Remember, swimming is a lot harder an exercise than it looks. You've gotten lots of great advice here, so I'll just add that it takes lots of practice to build the kind of stamina you need for longer distances, so be patient. I see all sorts of swimmers at my pool, and when I notice someone with great technique, I talk to him or her when they're taking a break.
Children
No Data