International Swimmer regsitering for USMS sancioned swim me

Former Member
Former Member
Hi please forgive me if I am on the wrong forum...i cannot find anywhere to request information as an Internationally registered Swimmer( South Africa) to apply to regsiter and race in a meet in December 2015. Can someone either direct me or respond to the request for information. Thank you Julian
  • As long as you're a member in good standing of your country's swimming federation you're allowed to compete in a masters meet in the United States. I would contact the meet director for the meet you’re trying to enter. You’ll probably have to enter by mail instead of entering online because the online entry only checks against a database of valid US registrations. And you’ll have to fill out this liability release form for foreigners: www.usms.org/.../gto_reg_foreign_regform.pdf The meet director will ask you to provide proof you’re a registered masters swimmer for 2015 or 2016 (either a copy of your membership card or a letter of verification from your club or FINA federation).
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Hi please forgive me if I am on the wrong forum...i cannot find anywhere to request information as an Internationally registered Swimmer( South Africa) to apply to regsiter and race in a meet in December 2015. Can someone either direct me or respond to the request for information. Thank you Julian Hello Julian, I am the Membership Director for U.S. Masters Swimming. Please send me an email (to Membership@usms.org ) and I will help you get entered in the meet. Many meets will allow you to enter online even though you are not a member of USMS. We will need to see some sort of proof of membership in your country's swimming federation. That can be a membership card, if the South African federation issues cards. If not, then I will need to see a letter written on the South African swimming federation's letterhead that states that you will be a member in good standing on the date of the swim meet. Again, please send me an email and I'll see what I can do to help you! Anna Lea Matysek