Just Launched Free Swim Workout Mobile App

I'm excited to share a mobile app I've been working on called MySwimPro. The initial idea for creating this app was born my personal experience as a coach and swimmer. As a coach, I recognized that most swimmers don't have access to structured training and coaching. As a swimmer, I needed a way to keep track of everything I was doing to optimize my performance and time spent in the water. The app has over 300 workouts organized by stroke type, pool course, and ability level. Every workout is fully customizable, and you can also track your own workouts. Please take a look at the brief video below that gives an overview of all the features. www.youtube.com/watch This is just the start of what we're building. I received great feedback from swimmers and coaches at the US Aquatic Sports convention in Kansas City a couple of weeks ago and I'd love everyone's insight on what you think will take our platform to the next level! The vision for MySwimPro is to empower aquatic prowess and create a community where swimmers can share, compare and compete with each other! The app is free and available for iPhone and Android phones. I've included the links below, so please take a look and let me know what you think! MySwimPro for iOS MySwimPro for Android Happy Swimming!
Parents
  • Hey Mark, Thank you so much for offering this great feedback. I'm happy to share that we're already working on a few of your points, but a few other are really interesting. I'll try to address each as best as I can! From my personal experience using our own app, I have come across this scenario myself. The 'Comment' field after logging a swim is for your personal record of that workout. For example I use it to record how I felt during the workout, and record the times I was holding on the main set (especially useful if it was a sprint). How would you like the comment section to work in the 'new workout'? This is pretty slick, and it's on the product roadmap. It will be something like 'advanced stroke types'. We're working on fixing this! Yup. We're looking at adding a layer to the library which will have a similar functionality to what you're describing. Soon it'll show analytics by day, week, and month! I've been told the workouts in the advanced level are too easy...I haven't done those distances since I was competing in college. They're something to shoot for! You can change the workout level by going to settings in the 'more' menu item. #2: I can't get the comment field to work at all. I click on it after logging the workout, but nothing happens. It would be fine if it worked the way you described, but I have not been able to make it work at all. #7: Really? In the DISTANCE tab, Workout #1 is 24,000 yards and workout #2 is 26,000 yards and each 6-7 hours long. Are there really people who have time for that...and think they are too easy? WOW. Thanks! Mark
  • Hey Mark, Thank you so much for offering this great feedback. I'm happy to share that we're already working on a few of your points, but a few other are really interesting. I'll try to address each as best as I can! From my personal experience using our own app, I have come across this scenario myself. The 'Comment' field after logging a swim is for your personal record of that workout. For example I use it to record how I felt during the workout, and record the times I was holding on the main set (especially useful if it was a sprint). How would you like the comment section to work in the 'new workout'? This is pretty slick, and it's on the product roadmap. It will be something like 'advanced stroke types'. We're working on fixing this! Yup. We're looking at adding a layer to the library which will have a similar functionality to what you're describing. Soon it'll show analytics by day, week, and month! I've been told the workouts in the advanced level are too easy...I haven't done those distances since I was competing in college. They're something to shoot for! You can change the workout level by going to settings in the 'more' menu item. #2: I can't get the comment field to work at all. I click on it after logging the workout, but nothing happens. It would be fine if it worked the way you described, but I have not been able to make it work at all. #7: Really? In the DISTANCE tab, Workout #1 is 24,000 yards and workout #2 is 26,000 yards and each 6-7 hours long. Are there really people who have time for that...and think they are too easy? WOW. Thanks! Mark
Children
No Data