Just Launched Free Swim Workout Mobile App

I'm excited to share a mobile app I've been working on called MySwimPro. The initial idea for creating this app was born my personal experience as a coach and swimmer. As a coach, I recognized that most swimmers don't have access to structured training and coaching. As a swimmer, I needed a way to keep track of everything I was doing to optimize my performance and time spent in the water. The app has over 300 workouts organized by stroke type, pool course, and ability level. Every workout is fully customizable, and you can also track your own workouts. Please take a look at the brief video below that gives an overview of all the features. www.youtube.com/watch This is just the start of what we're building. I received great feedback from swimmers and coaches at the US Aquatic Sports convention in Kansas City a couple of weeks ago and I'd love everyone's insight on what you think will take our platform to the next level! The vision for MySwimPro is to empower aquatic prowess and create a community where swimmers can share, compare and compete with each other! The app is free and available for iPhone and Android phones. I've included the links below, so please take a look and let me know what you think! MySwimPro for iOS MySwimPro for Android Happy Swimming!
Parents
  • I've been using the APP for a couple of weeks, and in general, I like it. There are a few improvements I'd like to see: 1. The ability to change the dates and the times of the logged in swims. Some times, I don't get around to logging in a new swim until a day or two later that I actually did it. 2. There is a "comment" section, but I'm not really sure how that works. I'd also like the comment section to function in the "New Workouts" tab. 3. In the New Workouts tab, it would be nice to have the Drills and the Kicks have a stroke (style) option...like "flutter, dolphin, etc." 4. It does not like the New Workouts calculates the stroke distances in the totals. 5. It would be nice to have a tab for each stroke: Free, Sprint, Distance, IM, Kick, New Workouts, and then add practices for a backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly focus. 6. I can't seem to see my "week" view. I can only see Sunday through Tuesday. 7. Those distance sets on the advanced mode are pretty aggressive. Can anyone actually do them in one practice? 8. Is there a way of changing the ability setting (beginning, intermediate, advanced) to come up with a practice that fits my desire for that particular day? Hope the feedback helps. Mark Johnston 2015 USMS Online Coach Hey Mark, Thank you so much for offering this great feedback. I'm happy to share that we're already working on a few of your points, but a few other are really interesting. I'll try to address each as best as I can! From my personal experience using our own app, I have come across this scenario myself. The 'Comment' field after logging a swim is for your personal record of that workout. For example I use it to record how I felt during the workout, and record the times I was holding on the main set (especially useful if it was a sprint). How would you like the comment section to work in the 'new workout'? This is pretty slick, and it's on the product roadmap. It will be something like 'advanced stroke types'. We're working on fixing this! Yup. We're looking at adding a layer to the library which will have a similar functionality to what you're describing. Soon it'll show analytics by day, week, and month! I've been told the workouts in the advanced level are too easy...I haven't done those distances since I was competing in college. They're something to shoot for! You can change the workout level by going to settings in the 'more' menu item.
  • I've been using the APP for a couple of weeks, and in general, I like it. There are a few improvements I'd like to see: 1. The ability to change the dates and the times of the logged in swims. Some times, I don't get around to logging in a new swim until a day or two later that I actually did it. 2. There is a "comment" section, but I'm not really sure how that works. I'd also like the comment section to function in the "New Workouts" tab. 3. In the New Workouts tab, it would be nice to have the Drills and the Kicks have a stroke (style) option...like "flutter, dolphin, etc." 4. It does not like the New Workouts calculates the stroke distances in the totals. 5. It would be nice to have a tab for each stroke: Free, Sprint, Distance, IM, Kick, New Workouts, and then add practices for a backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly focus. 6. I can't seem to see my "week" view. I can only see Sunday through Tuesday. 7. Those distance sets on the advanced mode are pretty aggressive. Can anyone actually do them in one practice? 8. Is there a way of changing the ability setting (beginning, intermediate, advanced) to come up with a practice that fits my desire for that particular day? Hope the feedback helps. Mark Johnston 2015 USMS Online Coach Hey Mark, Thank you so much for offering this great feedback. I'm happy to share that we're already working on a few of your points, but a few other are really interesting. I'll try to address each as best as I can! From my personal experience using our own app, I have come across this scenario myself. The 'Comment' field after logging a swim is for your personal record of that workout. For example I use it to record how I felt during the workout, and record the times I was holding on the main set (especially useful if it was a sprint). How would you like the comment section to work in the 'new workout'? This is pretty slick, and it's on the product roadmap. It will be something like 'advanced stroke types'. We're working on fixing this! Yup. We're looking at adding a layer to the library which will have a similar functionality to what you're describing. Soon it'll show analytics by day, week, and month! I've been told the workouts in the advanced level are too easy...I haven't done those distances since I was competing in college. They're something to shoot for! You can change the workout level by going to settings in the 'more' menu item.
Children
No Data