Speedo Vanquisher Goggles

The Women's Vanquisher is the only goggle I can wear without leaking. I tend to purchase about 4 pair at a time when they are on sale, so I may have had them for awhile before I wear them. Here's the problem: For the third time in the last year or so, the coating has bubbled up on the first wearing, making them unusable. The first time it happened, I was at Nationals where a Speedo rep switched them out as flawed. It's not so convenient when you don't have a Speedo rep nearby. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you handled it? Love the goggles, but hate throwing them away after one wearing!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I have experienced the gasket slipping off during training on old pairs as Allen mentioned, but so far I've prevented this from happening at races, by a quick inspection and socket seal prior to my heat. Been using these about 3 years now without a single malfunction on race day. Sometimes I remove the seal to clean whatever crud can find its way in and make it leak. Are you speaking of sealing the gasket to the goggles, or the goggles to your eyes? I have an old pair of TYR goggles, not sure what model, and getting a good seal with them is not easy.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I have experienced the gasket slipping off during training on old pairs as Allen mentioned, but so far I've prevented this from happening at races, by a quick inspection and socket seal prior to my heat. Been using these about 3 years now without a single malfunction on race day. Sometimes I remove the seal to clean whatever crud can find its way in and make it leak. Are you speaking of sealing the gasket to the goggles, or the goggles to your eyes? I have an old pair of TYR goggles, not sure what model, and getting a good seal with them is not easy.
Children
No Data