Heart Rate Monitor with zone alert while swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone know of a HRM that will alert you while actually swimming (not when standing in shallow end) if you go above or below your target zone? The Mio Fuse? I can't find a good review of someone swimming with it. All the other HRMs seem to need to be out of the water to send readings from the chest strap to the watch and have audible alarms that I know I wouldn't hear while swimming anyway.
Parents
  • Allen thank you for this. I work out at a place called ORangetheory that uses HRM to work you through zones. The idea is to get 12-20 minutes in the aerobic (orange/red) zones, then at least another 20-30 in the fat burning (green) zone. If you can get those kinds of numbers, then supposedly you continue to burn fat for the next 24-26 hours. reading your info above, it helps to understand this concept a bit more too. I have a hard time losing weight despite all the exercise between the pool and Orangetheory, but since I'm a distance chick, I can see where you become more efficient. Hmm...
  • Allen thank you for this. I work out at a place called ORangetheory that uses HRM to work you through zones. The idea is to get 12-20 minutes in the aerobic (orange/red) zones, then at least another 20-30 in the fat burning (green) zone. If you can get those kinds of numbers, then supposedly you continue to burn fat for the next 24-26 hours. reading your info above, it helps to understand this concept a bit more too. I have a hard time losing weight despite all the exercise between the pool and Orangetheory, but since I'm a distance chick, I can see where you become more efficient. Hmm...
Children
No Data