Heart Rate Monitor with zone alert while swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone know of a HRM that will alert you while actually swimming (not when standing in shallow end) if you go above or below your target zone? The Mio Fuse? I can't find a good review of someone swimming with it. All the other HRMs seem to need to be out of the water to send readings from the chest strap to the watch and have audible alarms that I know I wouldn't hear while swimming anyway.
Parents
  • "Fat burning range" is considerably below anaerobic threshold. Anaerobic threshold is where you can no longer generate enough energy by the oxidation of fuel, mostly carbohydrates, and must get energy from anaerobic metabolism. The so called "fat burning range" is where your exertion is low enough that the energy demands can be met by burning fat predominantly. This can be very useful as you can train your body to be more efficient at burning fat. That is very helpful for very long exertions such as marathons and longer open water swims. It is not the best way to lose weight as it burns many fewer calories per unit of time than more vigorous exercise.
  • "Fat burning range" is considerably below anaerobic threshold. Anaerobic threshold is where you can no longer generate enough energy by the oxidation of fuel, mostly carbohydrates, and must get energy from anaerobic metabolism. The so called "fat burning range" is where your exertion is low enough that the energy demands can be met by burning fat predominantly. This can be very useful as you can train your body to be more efficient at burning fat. That is very helpful for very long exertions such as marathons and longer open water swims. It is not the best way to lose weight as it burns many fewer calories per unit of time than more vigorous exercise.
Children
No Data