Heart Rate Monitor with zone alert while swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone know of a HRM that will alert you while actually swimming (not when standing in shallow end) if you go above or below your target zone? The Mio Fuse? I can't find a good review of someone swimming with it. All the other HRMs seem to need to be out of the water to send readings from the chest strap to the watch and have audible alarms that I know I wouldn't hear while swimming anyway.
Parents
  • I love the idea of a hrm for swimming, but unfortunately, I'm waaaay too far outside the normal bell curve for it to be beneficial for me. I've got quite the heart rate range, from ~56 at rest to ~260 at max exertion. Just swimming an easy/moderate warmup, my heart rate usually spikes to 180-200. As a result, none of the heart rate ranges work out for me. According to the various ranges, I should be training with my heart rate somewhere in the general ballpark of 100-160, which never happens. Eh, I'm not too bummed by it. I'm way off the top of the charts, but it's been that way ever since I first started checking my heart rate as an age grouper back in the day. Doesn't affect my fat burning capabilities and multiple doctors have told me that while it's abnormal, it's not harmful, so I guess I'll have to continue without being able to use the heart rate ranges and heart rate monitors.
  • I love the idea of a hrm for swimming, but unfortunately, I'm waaaay too far outside the normal bell curve for it to be beneficial for me. I've got quite the heart rate range, from ~56 at rest to ~260 at max exertion. Just swimming an easy/moderate warmup, my heart rate usually spikes to 180-200. As a result, none of the heart rate ranges work out for me. According to the various ranges, I should be training with my heart rate somewhere in the general ballpark of 100-160, which never happens. Eh, I'm not too bummed by it. I'm way off the top of the charts, but it's been that way ever since I first started checking my heart rate as an age grouper back in the day. Doesn't affect my fat burning capabilities and multiple doctors have told me that while it's abnormal, it's not harmful, so I guess I'll have to continue without being able to use the heart rate ranges and heart rate monitors.
Children
No Data