Heart Rate Monitor with zone alert while swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone know of a HRM that will alert you while actually swimming (not when standing in shallow end) if you go above or below your target zone? The Mio Fuse? I can't find a good review of someone swimming with it. All the other HRMs seem to need to be out of the water to send readings from the chest strap to the watch and have audible alarms that I know I wouldn't hear while swimming anyway.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I tried a Mio Fuse in the pool this morning. It basically worked for what I wanted it to do. I was able to set a zone and it would vibrate if I was out of the zone. I could see the led light on it to tell if I was above or below zone. I was mostly below . When I ran with it earlier in the week, I kept going over. I may need to lower the floor rate for swimming. I set a range based on 180 - my age to 180 - (my age + 10). In my case that's from 122-132 beats per minute. That seems pretty narrow for any exercise, but I'm new to heart rate training. I tried a kick set with the heart rate on. I never got up into the range and the display kept cycling through all the data, even though I had turned off most of the data like calories and distance with the app. The app can be clunky from other reviews that I've read. I think the water lapping on the watch while kicking might have activated the touch sensors, but it kept reading my hear rate.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I tried a Mio Fuse in the pool this morning. It basically worked for what I wanted it to do. I was able to set a zone and it would vibrate if I was out of the zone. I could see the led light on it to tell if I was above or below zone. I was mostly below . When I ran with it earlier in the week, I kept going over. I may need to lower the floor rate for swimming. I set a range based on 180 - my age to 180 - (my age + 10). In my case that's from 122-132 beats per minute. That seems pretty narrow for any exercise, but I'm new to heart rate training. I tried a kick set with the heart rate on. I never got up into the range and the display kept cycling through all the data, even though I had turned off most of the data like calories and distance with the app. The app can be clunky from other reviews that I've read. I think the water lapping on the watch while kicking might have activated the touch sensors, but it kept reading my hear rate.
Children
No Data