Help: Need CAD drawings for a cement swimming tank

Our home town is considering building an outdoor pool. A major factor is cost. If someone could kindly point me to AutoCad or Sketchup free pool designs, it would be greatly appreciated. We are interested in 50 meter by 25 yard cement swimming tank. The pool would be used for recreation, lap swimming and team swimming. A diving well would be nice but not a requirement. Thank you, Philipp
  • Since this is a community pool, I suggest you don’t plan it like a backyard pool. If you haven’t already hired a consultant, you or the facility planner should attend one of USA Swimming’s Regional Build & Program A Pool Conference. There is one October 10th&11th in Scottsdale Arizona. classic.regonline.com/.../
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Agreed on hiring a consultant. Any one of the local pool companies should be able to assist in providing a ballpark on costs. But the details etc. should definitely be handled by someone who knows competition pools. As far as the first steps, you should see if it fits on your site. You could either draw one on the survey, or... If you are familiar with Google maps, you can take a screen capture of your site (using Earth mode). (Pay close attention to the scale shown at the bottom of the page). Then cut and paste a pool into the overview to make sure that it fits. That's what I did for our facility in planning the same length pool on our very tight building site. Good luck!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Also, contact Myrtha Pools: www.myrthapoolsusa.com/.../contact.htm Note that in their "contact us" form you can say that you heard about them from U.S. Masters Swimming!
  • - hHave you reached out to the City of Sedona - similar altitude to LasCruces and they relatively recent either built a whole new pool or completely renovated an old one. Great community pool www.sedonaaz.gov/.../index.aspx