Swim watch

Does anyone have a recommendation (or a warning) to share about a swim watch? I'm looking for something to help me count distance and/or strokes. I'm thinking about the Garmin Swim. I have the Garmin Forerunner (for running) and am pretty happy with it.
Parents
  • I started with the Garmin Swim, loved it. The lap count was extremely accurate for me and for kick sets, I use the drill mode. I then started doing open water swims and wanted to track them my route, so I switched to the Garmin Forerunner 735XT. I love it too. I find that the lap count is not as accurate, it's usually missing another 25y. I don't know how accurate the GPS is, but it sure is fun looking at your path online. I also use the smart notifications feature of it, so email/text alerts makes my watch vibrate. I am always in meetings at work, so I need it to be on vibrate mode or silent mode. The vibration is super strong on this watch, so strong that you can hear it. And it took a while to shut off all sounds. The reaction time is slower too, compared to the garmin swim. With the swim, I was able to start the timer and immediately swim off. But it does pause when I accidentally hit my watch against the lane lines. With the forerunner, I have to wait 2 sec after starting the timer to make sure it does go off but I haven't had it pause on me when I hit the lane lines. I don't use the other features of the watch. I like that I was able to customize the face of the watch like the other smart watches out there. I used to also have a samsung gear2 as my regular smart watch. I had to charge it every night. But I replaced it with the forerunner as well, and I have to charge it once a week and usually it charges within a couple of hours.
  • I started with the Garmin Swim, loved it. The lap count was extremely accurate for me and for kick sets, I use the drill mode. I then started doing open water swims and wanted to track them my route, so I switched to the Garmin Forerunner 735XT. I love it too. I find that the lap count is not as accurate, it's usually missing another 25y. I don't know how accurate the GPS is, but it sure is fun looking at your path online. I also use the smart notifications feature of it, so email/text alerts makes my watch vibrate. I am always in meetings at work, so I need it to be on vibrate mode or silent mode. The vibration is super strong on this watch, so strong that you can hear it. And it took a while to shut off all sounds. The reaction time is slower too, compared to the garmin swim. With the swim, I was able to start the timer and immediately swim off. But it does pause when I accidentally hit my watch against the lane lines. With the forerunner, I have to wait 2 sec after starting the timer to make sure it does go off but I haven't had it pause on me when I hit the lane lines. I don't use the other features of the watch. I like that I was able to customize the face of the watch like the other smart watches out there. I used to also have a samsung gear2 as my regular smart watch. I had to charge it every night. But I replaced it with the forerunner as well, and I have to charge it once a week and usually it charges within a couple of hours.
Children
No Data