Swim watch

Does anyone have a recommendation (or a warning) to share about a swim watch? I'm looking for something to help me count distance and/or strokes. I'm thinking about the Garmin Swim. I have the Garmin Forerunner (for running) and am pretty happy with it.
Parents
  • I kept it simple after reading all of these reviews. I purchased a Sportscount Lap Counter & Timer. Sportscount has many models, mine is the LCT. I swim 200 lengths (5,000 yds) every day. Counting is the most boring thing imaginable. This counter fits on your index finger with the readout pointing towards your face. It has a manual button that you push at the end of each lap. This of course means a small effort on your part, but eliminates the issues with some watched that don't recognize your stroke (free, just kicking, etc). It gives you the following: Total laps, total time elapsed, Avg. lap, quickest lap, longest lap times. The only downfall is if you forget to hit the button at the end of a lap on time it will screw up your shortest & longest lap times at the summary, but you still get the counts, total time & avg.
  • I kept it simple after reading all of these reviews. I purchased a Sportscount Lap Counter & Timer. Sportscount has many models, mine is the LCT. I swim 200 lengths (5,000 yds) every day. Counting is the most boring thing imaginable. This counter fits on your index finger with the readout pointing towards your face. It has a manual button that you push at the end of each lap. This of course means a small effort on your part, but eliminates the issues with some watched that don't recognize your stroke (free, just kicking, etc). It gives you the following: Total laps, total time elapsed, Avg. lap, quickest lap, longest lap times. The only downfall is if you forget to hit the button at the end of a lap on time it will screw up your shortest & longest lap times at the summary, but you still get the counts, total time & avg.
Children
No Data