Swim watch

Does anyone have a recommendation (or a warning) to share about a swim watch? I'm looking for something to help me count distance and/or strokes. I'm thinking about the Garmin Swim. I have the Garmin Forerunner (for running) and am pretty happy with it.
Parents
  • Does the Garmin 920XT show you your actual split when you hit "pause" for the interval timer? Now a year later, I am looking to upgrade to something that will do open water as well. But it really annoys me that on the Swim when I hit interval on, say, a 50 it will show :35. Really? It's better than the pace clock but my $20 timex gave me more precise splits, it just didn't record enough of them. :35 could mean :35.4 or all the way down to :34.6. I'm sorry, but if I'm trying to do a few fast splits for time and no one to time me, that's a pretty big range. It will show the tenths in the upload. But real time would be a confidence boost or kick in the pants. And forget trying any USRPT style sets with it. I'd be cranky to spend a lot more on a watch that didn't give this basic chronograph feature in real time.
  • Does the Garmin 920XT show you your actual split when you hit "pause" for the interval timer? Now a year later, I am looking to upgrade to something that will do open water as well. But it really annoys me that on the Swim when I hit interval on, say, a 50 it will show :35. Really? It's better than the pace clock but my $20 timex gave me more precise splits, it just didn't record enough of them. :35 could mean :35.4 or all the way down to :34.6. I'm sorry, but if I'm trying to do a few fast splits for time and no one to time me, that's a pretty big range. It will show the tenths in the upload. But real time would be a confidence boost or kick in the pants. And forget trying any USRPT style sets with it. I'd be cranky to spend a lot more on a watch that didn't give this basic chronograph feature in real time.
Children
No Data