Swim watch

Does anyone have a recommendation (or a warning) to share about a swim watch? I'm looking for something to help me count distance and/or strokes. I'm thinking about the Garmin Swim. I have the Garmin Forerunner (for running) and am pretty happy with it.
Parents
  • I've been using the Apple Watch (2nd generation) for swimming for about 3 months now. You do have to put it in, "workout mode," first. It essentially seals itself up, and you can't really do much with it until you finish. You can tap the screen to see your current distance/calories/time. Once you're done, scroll the wheel and it will unlock. You still need to stop the workout. Separately you put in your height/weight/which wrist you wear your watch on. The major flaws I have are: * doesn't track kicking * doesn't track doing 1-arm drills (for arm you don't have it on). Otherwise, I really enjoy the watch keeping track of my swimming, plus all the other things it does.
  • I've been using the Apple Watch (2nd generation) for swimming for about 3 months now. You do have to put it in, "workout mode," first. It essentially seals itself up, and you can't really do much with it until you finish. You can tap the screen to see your current distance/calories/time. Once you're done, scroll the wheel and it will unlock. You still need to stop the workout. Separately you put in your height/weight/which wrist you wear your watch on. The major flaws I have are: * doesn't track kicking * doesn't track doing 1-arm drills (for arm you don't have it on). Otherwise, I really enjoy the watch keeping track of my swimming, plus all the other things it does.
Children
No Data