Swim watch

Does anyone have a recommendation (or a warning) to share about a swim watch? I'm looking for something to help me count distance and/or strokes. I'm thinking about the Garmin Swim. I have the Garmin Forerunner (for running) and am pretty happy with it.
Parents
  • I got a garmin swim a few months back and I love it. I have very thin wrists, all the other garmin watches were too big. The garmin swim fit perfectly. It counted my strokes and laps as well. Although the shortest distance you can have is 17 m, I believe. So far it has detected all my strokes correctly as well. I ran out of space once when I tried to save my swim logs and it asked if I wanted to purge the previous entries, which is a good thing. I was worried my log for that swim would have been lost. I also use swim.com which is automatically synced with the garmin connect. There is also a drills mode that allows you to mix with lap swimming. I found that extremely useful. The only problem is that the face has no light. So hopefully your pool has enough light for you to look at it while you are swimming.
  • I got a garmin swim a few months back and I love it. I have very thin wrists, all the other garmin watches were too big. The garmin swim fit perfectly. It counted my strokes and laps as well. Although the shortest distance you can have is 17 m, I believe. So far it has detected all my strokes correctly as well. I ran out of space once when I tried to save my swim logs and it asked if I wanted to purge the previous entries, which is a good thing. I was worried my log for that swim would have been lost. I also use swim.com which is automatically synced with the garmin connect. There is also a drills mode that allows you to mix with lap swimming. I found that extremely useful. The only problem is that the face has no light. So hopefully your pool has enough light for you to look at it while you are swimming.
Children
No Data