Swim watch

Does anyone have a recommendation (or a warning) to share about a swim watch? I'm looking for something to help me count distance and/or strokes. I'm thinking about the Garmin Swim. I have the Garmin Forerunner (for running) and am pretty happy with it.
Parents
  • I am a 62 year old fitness swimmer. I was considering buying a swim watch for quite awhile and recently I purchased the Garmin Swim for a good price at E Bay. So far these are my problems with the watch: 1. The face is a bit small. As most folks my age, I am far sighted so it's sometimes not easy to see the data. 2. Distance is measured by arm stroke. I do a lot of kick sets so the watch doesn't count them. 3. Several times I counted laps in my head and the distance wasn't the same as the watch (and I'm sure I was correct). 4. The watch is not meant for open water swimming. 5. If this matters to anybody - the design of the watch is very simple and it looks like a cheap digital watch, so I don't like continuing with it to work.
  • I am a 62 year old fitness swimmer. I was considering buying a swim watch for quite awhile and recently I purchased the Garmin Swim for a good price at E Bay. So far these are my problems with the watch: 1. The face is a bit small. As most folks my age, I am far sighted so it's sometimes not easy to see the data. 2. Distance is measured by arm stroke. I do a lot of kick sets so the watch doesn't count them. 3. Several times I counted laps in my head and the distance wasn't the same as the watch (and I'm sure I was correct). 4. The watch is not meant for open water swimming. 5. If this matters to anybody - the design of the watch is very simple and it looks like a cheap digital watch, so I don't like continuing with it to work.
Children
No Data