Swim watch

Does anyone have a recommendation (or a warning) to share about a swim watch? I'm looking for something to help me count distance and/or strokes. I'm thinking about the Garmin Swim. I have the Garmin Forerunner (for running) and am pretty happy with it.
Parents
  • Wife gave me the Garmin vivoactive for Xmas. It's activity functions are swimming (pool only), cycling, running, walking, and sleep tracking. Through the use of bluetooth attached sensors it's also capable of working on the treadmill, stationary bike, and heart rate monitor. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I've been reading through the operator's manual on how the functions work. It comes loaded with several different pool sizes...including 33.33 yards, and 33.33 meters. But you can also enter a customized length. Like 'gobears' I won't be using it in the pool beyond using the stopwatch. But, I do wish it had a swim function for open water. There are GPS watches that work in open water but are much more expensive. I've read in serval places that placing the watch in the back of your swim cap, or in a drag bag that it'll work. They just don't work under water. So I'll give that a try in the spring. Dan
  • Wife gave me the Garmin vivoactive for Xmas. It's activity functions are swimming (pool only), cycling, running, walking, and sleep tracking. Through the use of bluetooth attached sensors it's also capable of working on the treadmill, stationary bike, and heart rate monitor. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I've been reading through the operator's manual on how the functions work. It comes loaded with several different pool sizes...including 33.33 yards, and 33.33 meters. But you can also enter a customized length. Like 'gobears' I won't be using it in the pool beyond using the stopwatch. But, I do wish it had a swim function for open water. There are GPS watches that work in open water but are much more expensive. I've read in serval places that placing the watch in the back of your swim cap, or in a drag bag that it'll work. They just don't work under water. So I'll give that a try in the spring. Dan
Children
No Data