Doping

So just wondered, have any of you trained with someone you seriously thought was doping? I train with someone who about 3-4 weeks ago, was of similar speed to myself, if not a bit slower on some things. This person is training for what I think is called an Ultraman - and they put in serious distance in all three disciplines every week. So, this person is already quite buff, not an ounce of fat on him/her, and I could tell s/he was just dragging, from all the excessive training s/he's been doing, when suddenly out of no where s/he's like 10 seconds faster in 100 repeats. S/he is super motivated, I'll grant him/her that, but in my experience that kind of improvement doesn't happen overnight like it has here. Not only that but s/he is now able to go like 7000, and maintain his/her tempo/speed/energy level to the end, when s/he was going only about 2500 in an average workout before. Thoughts?
Parents
  • Age 41. was keeping 100 free ~ 1:18 on 1:30's, w/pull equip, could only do 3-4 w/out a rest now holding well under 1:10 on 1:20's & able to maintain for 4-6000 LCM, no toysCould be doping, but I'd be more interested to know how fast this person was 10, 15 or 20 years ago and if their primary sport growing up was swimming. There are certainly guys I know in their 40s, former distance swimming guys from their youth who could get in shape now to do the 1:10s on 1:20 you refer to ... and, depending upon where this person's "swimming fitness" was when they were doing the 1:18s, they might be able to ramp up quickly back into "swimming shape" to be able to do the 1:10s, especially if they had a great aerobic base from their biking/running. If they are doping, too bad for them.
  • Age 41. was keeping 100 free ~ 1:18 on 1:30's, w/pull equip, could only do 3-4 w/out a rest now holding well under 1:10 on 1:20's & able to maintain for 4-6000 LCM, no toysCould be doping, but I'd be more interested to know how fast this person was 10, 15 or 20 years ago and if their primary sport growing up was swimming. There are certainly guys I know in their 40s, former distance swimming guys from their youth who could get in shape now to do the 1:10s on 1:20 you refer to ... and, depending upon where this person's "swimming fitness" was when they were doing the 1:18s, they might be able to ramp up quickly back into "swimming shape" to be able to do the 1:10s, especially if they had a great aerobic base from their biking/running. If they are doping, too bad for them.
Children
No Data