Doping

So just wondered, have any of you trained with someone you seriously thought was doping? I train with someone who about 3-4 weeks ago, was of similar speed to myself, if not a bit slower on some things. This person is training for what I think is called an Ultraman - and they put in serious distance in all three disciplines every week. So, this person is already quite buff, not an ounce of fat on him/her, and I could tell s/he was just dragging, from all the excessive training s/he's been doing, when suddenly out of no where s/he's like 10 seconds faster in 100 repeats. S/he is super motivated, I'll grant him/her that, but in my experience that kind of improvement doesn't happen overnight like it has here. Not only that but s/he is now able to go like 7000, and maintain his/her tempo/speed/energy level to the end, when s/he was going only about 2500 in an average workout before. Thoughts?
Parents
  • It certainly sounds suspicious. I am certain there are some Masters Swimmers using PEDs. Some are probably using them for a competitive advantage,but I bet many are using them to feel younger.There are all those ads for testosterone for "low T" with the idea of feeling younger and more virile.I know that when the "shiny suits" were legal, swimming artificially faster times in them made me feel younger. Feeling younger now,even if it means dying earlier later, is very seductive.
  • It certainly sounds suspicious. I am certain there are some Masters Swimmers using PEDs. Some are probably using them for a competitive advantage,but I bet many are using them to feel younger.There are all those ads for testosterone for "low T" with the idea of feeling younger and more virile.I know that when the "shiny suits" were legal, swimming artificially faster times in them made me feel younger. Feeling younger now,even if it means dying earlier later, is very seductive.
Children
No Data