For you outdoor pool swimmers

Former Member
Former Member
I'm curious as to your preference, so I decided to start a poll. I've been swimming outdoors all summer. It's been brutally hot, with high humidity most of the summer, which I notice, causes more fatigue and cramping, despite my intake of bananas, lots of water, etc. I also have allergies. There are the usual outdoor pool issues, but aside from that, if you had a choice to swim in a 25 yard pool or swim indoors in a more temperature controlled environment, what would you prefer and why?
Parents
  • I like swimming outdoors, but my experience....frequent evening thunder storms, but you also get to deal with bad pool lighting, narrow lanes, no backstroke flags, and no pace clock. We swim at 4 pools during the summer--the two evening pools are pretty awful. The two morning pools have decent sized lanes and have flags, but one of them *always* has chemical problems. Think outside the Tardis. You should look at this positively. You are able to swim in so many variable conditions that nothing should stop you from swimming and winning your heat.
  • I like swimming outdoors, but my experience....frequent evening thunder storms, but you also get to deal with bad pool lighting, narrow lanes, no backstroke flags, and no pace clock. We swim at 4 pools during the summer--the two evening pools are pretty awful. The two morning pools have decent sized lanes and have flags, but one of them *always* has chemical problems. Think outside the Tardis. You should look at this positively. You are able to swim in so many variable conditions that nothing should stop you from swimming and winning your heat.
Children
No Data