For you outdoor pool swimmers

Former Member
Former Member
I'm curious as to your preference, so I decided to start a poll. I've been swimming outdoors all summer. It's been brutally hot, with high humidity most of the summer, which I notice, causes more fatigue and cramping, despite my intake of bananas, lots of water, etc. I also have allergies. There are the usual outdoor pool issues, but aside from that, if you had a choice to swim in a 25 yard pool or swim indoors in a more temperature controlled environment, what would you prefer and why?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    The pool in my development is saline, and almost 25 yards, but had indentations along the sides and stairs that go into the pool. If there was some kind of marker on the bottom or a rope, I could stay straight, but I have a hard time staying the course. forget about backstroke -- there is nothing (no buildings or trees) to serve as a guide. Maybe I'm just not a good enough swimmer, but I feel like my workout suffers, because I'm expending too much energy trying not to bump into walls, stairs, and abutments in the pool. I have another outdoor 25 meter pool to swim in and get a much better workout there, but they closed the last week of the summer due to lack of guards!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    The pool in my development is saline, and almost 25 yards, but had indentations along the sides and stairs that go into the pool. If there was some kind of marker on the bottom or a rope, I could stay straight, but I have a hard time staying the course. forget about backstroke -- there is nothing (no buildings or trees) to serve as a guide. Maybe I'm just not a good enough swimmer, but I feel like my workout suffers, because I'm expending too much energy trying not to bump into walls, stairs, and abutments in the pool. I have another outdoor 25 meter pool to swim in and get a much better workout there, but they closed the last week of the summer due to lack of guards!
Children
No Data