For you outdoor pool swimmers

Former Member
Former Member
I'm curious as to your preference, so I decided to start a poll. I've been swimming outdoors all summer. It's been brutally hot, with high humidity most of the summer, which I notice, causes more fatigue and cramping, despite my intake of bananas, lots of water, etc. I also have allergies. There are the usual outdoor pool issues, but aside from that, if you had a choice to swim in a 25 yard pool or swim indoors in a more temperature controlled environment, what would you prefer and why?
Parents
  • Yes, there is one public pool in So Cal with a retractable roof. There is a Masters team that works out of that pool, but its a very closed group. They are only a workout group. They do not compete in swim meets, or triathlons etc. Can you provide a link? Regarding swimming in outdoor pools during summer months. This may sound slightly crazy, but on those mini heatwaves we just had, I chose to utilize the indoor pools in the area to stay out of the sun.I completely understand. Whenever I can and I'm there, I choose an indoor pool in California - there are a few that are good for training.
  • Yes, there is one public pool in So Cal with a retractable roof. There is a Masters team that works out of that pool, but its a very closed group. They are only a workout group. They do not compete in swim meets, or triathlons etc. Can you provide a link? Regarding swimming in outdoor pools during summer months. This may sound slightly crazy, but on those mini heatwaves we just had, I chose to utilize the indoor pools in the area to stay out of the sun.I completely understand. Whenever I can and I'm there, I choose an indoor pool in California - there are a few that are good for training.
Children
No Data