Video analysis: Beginner Butterfly

Began learning fly a few weeks ago. First 15 yards in video are awful, last ten perhaps less awful. Masters coach says: head down, more rhythm with body and less knees in kick. I'm sure she's right, but I also welcome any other tips or suggestions. Thanks! Here's a link to the video: drive.google.com/.../view
Parents
  • Glad you're progressing in the butterfly! One note about fins: as many of the commentators here noticed, you tend to kick from your knees and your kick is not finishing completely. One of the problems with fins is that many swimmers inadvertently kick more from the knees in using them. If you end up using fins often and improperly, you will be emphasizing an exaggerated bent knee and not working on the finish of your kick. I would be sure to alternate between kicking with and without them. Keep us posted on your continued progress!
  • Glad you're progressing in the butterfly! One note about fins: as many of the commentators here noticed, you tend to kick from your knees and your kick is not finishing completely. One of the problems with fins is that many swimmers inadvertently kick more from the knees in using them. If you end up using fins often and improperly, you will be emphasizing an exaggerated bent knee and not working on the finish of your kick. I would be sure to alternate between kicking with and without them. Keep us posted on your continued progress!
Children
No Data