Video analysis: Beginner Butterfly

Began learning fly a few weeks ago. First 15 yards in video are awful, last ten perhaps less awful. Masters coach says: head down, more rhythm with body and less knees in kick. I'm sure she's right, but I also welcome any other tips or suggestions. Thanks! Here's a link to the video: drive.google.com/.../view
Parents
  • Once again, I really appreciate all the great advice! I don't have a new video, but swims seem to have been improving. My times are about the same, but I am able to do a lot more fly without getting exhausted. Still trying to loosen up my hips, but the stroke is shallower now with more forward movement and a smaller kick. One online video suggested kicking your arms out of the water and kicking your arms forward on the reach. This has helped me with the timing of the two kicks. The suggestion to streamline better off the wall has also been helpful, because it has helped me to get a rhythm going and has also kept the stroke a little narrower I think. Thanks again!
  • Once again, I really appreciate all the great advice! I don't have a new video, but swims seem to have been improving. My times are about the same, but I am able to do a lot more fly without getting exhausted. Still trying to loosen up my hips, but the stroke is shallower now with more forward movement and a smaller kick. One online video suggested kicking your arms out of the water and kicking your arms forward on the reach. This has helped me with the timing of the two kicks. The suggestion to streamline better off the wall has also been helpful, because it has helped me to get a rhythm going and has also kept the stroke a little narrower I think. Thanks again!
Children
No Data