Video analysis: Beginner Butterfly

Began learning fly a few weeks ago. First 15 yards in video are awful, last ten perhaps less awful. Masters coach says: head down, more rhythm with body and less knees in kick. I'm sure she's right, but I also welcome any other tips or suggestions. Thanks! Here's a link to the video: drive.google.com/.../view
Parents
  • Began learning fly a few weeks ago. First 15 yards in video are awful, last ten perhaps less awful. Masters coach says: head down, more rhythm with body and less knees in kick. I'm sure she's right, but I also welcome any other tips or suggestions. Thanks! Here's a link to the video: drive.google.com/.../view Agreed that this is a great beginning! Something that helped me swim flatter fly, keeping my head lower was the suggestion that I breathe to the side. Once that flat fly is habitual, then keeping the chin in the water is the next step. These two coaching suggestions enabled me to drop 5 seconds from my 50 in all courses.
  • Began learning fly a few weeks ago. First 15 yards in video are awful, last ten perhaps less awful. Masters coach says: head down, more rhythm with body and less knees in kick. I'm sure she's right, but I also welcome any other tips or suggestions. Thanks! Here's a link to the video: drive.google.com/.../view Agreed that this is a great beginning! Something that helped me swim flatter fly, keeping my head lower was the suggestion that I breathe to the side. Once that flat fly is habitual, then keeping the chin in the water is the next step. These two coaching suggestions enabled me to drop 5 seconds from my 50 in all courses.
Children
No Data