Video analysis: Beginner Butterfly

Began learning fly a few weeks ago. First 15 yards in video are awful, last ten perhaps less awful. Masters coach says: head down, more rhythm with body and less knees in kick. I'm sure she's right, but I also welcome any other tips or suggestions. Thanks! Here's a link to the video: drive.google.com/.../view
Parents
  • Great video. Thanks for sharing it. I had to chuckle when viewing it, because the two people doing the kick correctly appear to be the age of my coach, and the one guy shown doing it incorrectly looks to be about my age (50). But I hasten to say there's nothing keeping me from doing the kick correctly, given that we've got plenty of older swimmers on our team who can clip right along with a solid butterfly stroke. The video stresses the connection between the chest going down and the hips up, which was the very thing my coach stressed at the end of our lesson. Everybody's comments on this thread have given me some great things to work on beyond what my coach suggested, but they've also confirmed that my coach knows her stuff. Thanks again!
  • Great video. Thanks for sharing it. I had to chuckle when viewing it, because the two people doing the kick correctly appear to be the age of my coach, and the one guy shown doing it incorrectly looks to be about my age (50). But I hasten to say there's nothing keeping me from doing the kick correctly, given that we've got plenty of older swimmers on our team who can clip right along with a solid butterfly stroke. The video stresses the connection between the chest going down and the hips up, which was the very thing my coach stressed at the end of our lesson. Everybody's comments on this thread have given me some great things to work on beyond what my coach suggested, but they've also confirmed that my coach knows her stuff. Thanks again!
Children
No Data