Video analysis: Beginner Butterfly

Began learning fly a few weeks ago. First 15 yards in video are awful, last ten perhaps less awful. Masters coach says: head down, more rhythm with body and less knees in kick. I'm sure she's right, but I also welcome any other tips or suggestions. Thanks! Here's a link to the video: drive.google.com/.../view
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Hi Revchris. I would agree with others here - not bad at all for someone who is attempting to swim butterfly. Can I suggest you try this. I think I'd be inclined to slow down the stroke. When your arms enter the water, don't be in too much of a hurry to start your pull. If you hold your dive, you will allow your body to follow through. This will give you an undulating stroke, which all butterfliers aim for. Start your pull to bring yourself up to the surface - if this makes sense? It's undulation you should be aiming for. If you can keep posting a video here it would help. I too, like the pool.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Hi Revchris. I would agree with others here - not bad at all for someone who is attempting to swim butterfly. Can I suggest you try this. I think I'd be inclined to slow down the stroke. When your arms enter the water, don't be in too much of a hurry to start your pull. If you hold your dive, you will allow your body to follow through. This will give you an undulating stroke, which all butterfliers aim for. Start your pull to bring yourself up to the surface - if this makes sense? It's undulation you should be aiming for. If you can keep posting a video here it would help. I too, like the pool.
Children
No Data