Video analysis: Beginner Butterfly

Began learning fly a few weeks ago. First 15 yards in video are awful, last ten perhaps less awful. Masters coach says: head down, more rhythm with body and less knees in kick. I'm sure she's right, but I also welcome any other tips or suggestions. Thanks! Here's a link to the video: drive.google.com/.../view
Parents
  • Began learning fly a few weeks ago. First 15 yards in video are awful, last ten perhaps less awful. Masters coach says: head down, more rhythm with body and less knees in kick. I'm sure she's right, but I also welcome any other tips or suggestions. Thanks! Here's a link to the video: drive.google.com/.../view :applaud: Kudos! That's pretty darn good for a newbie fly. The best part of your stroke, in my opinion, is that I see virtually no forward splash when your arms land. The very little splash is going across, from side to side. That's good! I am no fly expert myself; however, I have heard plenty from my coach on what I should (or shouldn't) be doing. I think your coach is correct with her recommendations. Keep working on those three recommendations, and you will have a beautiful fly! :agree:
  • Began learning fly a few weeks ago. First 15 yards in video are awful, last ten perhaps less awful. Masters coach says: head down, more rhythm with body and less knees in kick. I'm sure she's right, but I also welcome any other tips or suggestions. Thanks! Here's a link to the video: drive.google.com/.../view :applaud: Kudos! That's pretty darn good for a newbie fly. The best part of your stroke, in my opinion, is that I see virtually no forward splash when your arms land. The very little splash is going across, from side to side. That's good! I am no fly expert myself; however, I have heard plenty from my coach on what I should (or shouldn't) be doing. I think your coach is correct with her recommendations. Keep working on those three recommendations, and you will have a beautiful fly! :agree:
Children
No Data