Injury - Maybe golfer's elbow? Anyone experienced this?

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I'm a 60 year old male who is mostly a runner/biker but who also swims. Typically I swim once a week for 2000 yds. Well, recently I hurt my back and so swimming was my only option. Apparently I ramped up too quickly, and after 3 weeks was swimming every other day, for about 1800 yds per swim. Last Sunday, I noticed a slight pull feeling in my inner left elbow area. I paid little heed to it. It happened again on my swim Tuesday but like Sunday, it didn't bother me and it didn't last. Then on Friday, I noticed a pinchy feeling in the same area. It didn't get worse during the swim but I certainly took notice. Afterwards, I noticed some discomfort in the area. It's by the knobby bone of the inner elbow. If I run my finger along the tendon into the upper arm, it feels like a little pinchy. The area just below, into the forearm doesn't hurt but feels a little tight. The pain is not bad, but I'm certainly not going to try to swim. Does this sound like golfer's elbow? Has anyone experienced this kind of pain/sensation? The funny thing is that usually if I ramp up too quickly, I get pain in my left shoulder. I was pretty careful to monitor that, and even did some left shoulder icing after my swims. So my left shoulder never acted up. Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice you can give me. Bob P
Parents Reply Children
No Data