Race 1 Arm ***

K, so I have a hurt shoulder but not from swimming (imagine that!). By now I wanted to have goal races for December SCM NE Champs but I'm still mostly kicking with a bit of 1 arm drill. I may or may not be better by then but I want something to focus on now to keep me going. I've been practicing a LOT of SDK (although I'm mostly unable to streamline the hurt shoulder) and a lot of breaststroke kick with gentle sculling. I'm doing other stuff, too but a lot of dolphin & whip kick drills. I did some open water swimming this weekend (30 minutes without a set distance) completed as 5 x 1 arm fly, 5x *** kick with sculling (not a legal pull). And it got me thinking...I could race...anything. So I was thinking: 50 M free as 1 arm Fly 100 M free as 1 arm *** 200 M Free as 1 arm IM or 1 arm Free All with in water starts. Except the tricky part being *** isn't quite legal for Freestyle - I do go under a tiny bit and certainly would with a 1 arm stroke. Is it possible to get 1 arm *** for time in a breaststroke event if you keep that arm by your side and don't use it the whole race? I mean, I'll get a time no matter what but not get DQ'd? Would it be possible?
Parents
  • I have seen a disabled swimmer swimming all strokes with one arm. With the exception of free, all of her strokes are technically illegal, but she is never DQ'd, so I believe that there is some accomodation for disabilities. (Her participation and perseverance is just amazing!) Whether that applies to temporary disabilities is another question. I believe I have also seen one armed fly several times, including a 200 at Summer Nationals last week.
  • I have seen a disabled swimmer swimming all strokes with one arm. With the exception of free, all of her strokes are technically illegal, but she is never DQ'd, so I believe that there is some accomodation for disabilities. (Her participation and perseverance is just amazing!) Whether that applies to temporary disabilities is another question. I believe I have also seen one armed fly several times, including a 200 at Summer Nationals last week.
Children
No Data