Race 1 Arm ***

K, so I have a hurt shoulder but not from swimming (imagine that!). By now I wanted to have goal races for December SCM NE Champs but I'm still mostly kicking with a bit of 1 arm drill. I may or may not be better by then but I want something to focus on now to keep me going. I've been practicing a LOT of SDK (although I'm mostly unable to streamline the hurt shoulder) and a lot of breaststroke kick with gentle sculling. I'm doing other stuff, too but a lot of dolphin & whip kick drills. I did some open water swimming this weekend (30 minutes without a set distance) completed as 5 x 1 arm fly, 5x *** kick with sculling (not a legal pull). And it got me thinking...I could race...anything. So I was thinking: 50 M free as 1 arm Fly 100 M free as 1 arm *** 200 M Free as 1 arm IM or 1 arm Free All with in water starts. Except the tricky part being *** isn't quite legal for Freestyle - I do go under a tiny bit and certainly would with a 1 arm stroke. Is it possible to get 1 arm *** for time in a breaststroke event if you keep that arm by your side and don't use it the whole race? I mean, I'll get a time no matter what but not get DQ'd? Would it be possible?
Parents
  • Actually, that makes me think it might be legal. It says MOVEMENTS of the arms. I wouldn't move that arm at all. Not one bit, glued to my side. Movement must be simultaneous to me means BOTH arms must be doing the same thing at all times during the stroke cycle.
  • Actually, that makes me think it might be legal. It says MOVEMENTS of the arms. I wouldn't move that arm at all. Not one bit, glued to my side. Movement must be simultaneous to me means BOTH arms must be doing the same thing at all times during the stroke cycle.
Children
No Data