Washington Post Editorial - Ledecky - Women's 1500 Free

The Washington Post has an Editorial today commenting about Ledecky's 200-400-800-1500 sweep last week but also about the lack of the women's 1500 in the Olympics: http://wapo.st/1MZ8Nw6 Pretty cool for the sport of swimming and the Olympic events to get that kind of publicity outside of the Sports page! Jeff
Parents
  • Even though I'm a distance swimmer I really don't think the Olympics needs to have both an 800 and 1500. IMO they should have both the men and women do the 1500.Track and field figured it out in the 80’s; now women run the marathon in the Olympics. You would think 30 years later we could get similar parity in swimming, but it’s hard to change tradition.
  • Even though I'm a distance swimmer I really don't think the Olympics needs to have both an 800 and 1500. IMO they should have both the men and women do the 1500.Track and field figured it out in the 80’s; now women run the marathon in the Olympics. You would think 30 years later we could get similar parity in swimming, but it’s hard to change tradition.
Children
No Data