Washington Post Editorial - Ledecky - Women's 1500 Free

The Washington Post has an Editorial today commenting about Ledecky's 200-400-800-1500 sweep last week but also about the lack of the women's 1500 in the Olympics: http://wapo.st/1MZ8Nw6 Pretty cool for the sport of swimming and the Olympic events to get that kind of publicity outside of the Sports page! Jeff
Parents
  • Even though I'm a distance swimmer I really don't think the Olympics needs to have both an 800 and 1500. IMO they should have both the men and women do the 1500.Well, if they are only going to have one distance event, it should be the 1500. However, I'd rather see both the 800 and 1500 as these are more exciting races to watch, especially on the men's side these days, than the blur of the sprints. let men use the same suit in swimming as women. they lost knee to ankle...big whooopdedoo. the new fabrics are almost the same as the teflons were. men lost the biggiest part of their body - chest.Agreed.
  • Even though I'm a distance swimmer I really don't think the Olympics needs to have both an 800 and 1500. IMO they should have both the men and women do the 1500.Well, if they are only going to have one distance event, it should be the 1500. However, I'd rather see both the 800 and 1500 as these are more exciting races to watch, especially on the men's side these days, than the blur of the sprints. let men use the same suit in swimming as women. they lost knee to ankle...big whooopdedoo. the new fabrics are almost the same as the teflons were. men lost the biggiest part of their body - chest.Agreed.
Children
No Data