Can someone start at 31 with the intent to compete?

Former Member
Former Member
Not just for fitness, because that would be discouraging.
Parents
  • Thanks, Fly Trap! :D It (my recovery) was great while it lasted; however, I had a setback 10 days ago. It wasn't even on a breaststroke kick, either. On a dolphin kick off the wall before the backstroke leg of an easy-paced 100 IM, I felt a pain in my hip and had to stop. :badday: Since then, I have been doing sculling and pulling exclusively while I wait to see if this is going to heal. If I tore the labrum again, it won't; however, my surgeon said he thinks I only "aggravated the scar tissue". He has ordered 3 weeks rest and Meloxicam (NSAID). I sure hope that does the trick! Meanwhile, it has shaken my confidence in my hip. It was going great, and I was able to build back up to race-pace intensity; however, my future in competition is back on hold. :censor: Elaine, get that hip going well soon!!!!
  • Thanks, Fly Trap! :D It (my recovery) was great while it lasted; however, I had a setback 10 days ago. It wasn't even on a breaststroke kick, either. On a dolphin kick off the wall before the backstroke leg of an easy-paced 100 IM, I felt a pain in my hip and had to stop. :badday: Since then, I have been doing sculling and pulling exclusively while I wait to see if this is going to heal. If I tore the labrum again, it won't; however, my surgeon said he thinks I only "aggravated the scar tissue". He has ordered 3 weeks rest and Meloxicam (NSAID). I sure hope that does the trick! Meanwhile, it has shaken my confidence in my hip. It was going great, and I was able to build back up to race-pace intensity; however, my future in competition is back on hold. :censor: Elaine, get that hip going well soon!!!!
Children
No Data