Can someone start at 31 with the intent to compete?

Former Member
Former Member
Not just for fitness, because that would be discouraging.
Parents
  • I learned to swim at age 30 and began swimming in Masters meets a few years after that. :applaud: Me too! I learned to swim at 40 or 41 (I forgot which), my first meet was Feb 5 2010 at 43. Though I don't expect to reach top 10 (or top 20 for that matter) level this next decade or two, I will continue to train as if I was. Regarding swimming for fitness vs competition, if competition wasn't an option I would still be swimming, not for fitness, I couldn't endure that, but because I enjoy being in the water.
  • I learned to swim at age 30 and began swimming in Masters meets a few years after that. :applaud: Me too! I learned to swim at 40 or 41 (I forgot which), my first meet was Feb 5 2010 at 43. Though I don't expect to reach top 10 (or top 20 for that matter) level this next decade or two, I will continue to train as if I was. Regarding swimming for fitness vs competition, if competition wasn't an option I would still be swimming, not for fitness, I couldn't endure that, but because I enjoy being in the water.
Children
No Data