Swimming in sewage in Rio

I wasn't sure if this should go in the open water section or here but it is about swimming.I just read this-bigstory.ap.org/.../ap-investigation-rios-olympic-water-rife-sewage-virus and am worried for our open water swimmers. What a terrible predicament,work for years to go to the Olympics and then get really really sick. This is a black eye on the IOC,who like FINA, is more interested in politics and patronage than athletes.
Parents
  • I like the use of the phrase "no significant risk" in Dr. Richard Budgett's comments. What's considered significant? Hard bar to raise, considering the comment by one researcher that risk of infection is 99%. So would "significant" mean "risk of death is 100 percent?" (Okay, I exaggerate... or do I?)
  • I like the use of the phrase "no significant risk" in Dr. Richard Budgett's comments. What's considered significant? Hard bar to raise, considering the comment by one researcher that risk of infection is 99%. So would "significant" mean "risk of death is 100 percent?" (Okay, I exaggerate... or do I?)
Children
No Data