Swimming in sewage in Rio

I wasn't sure if this should go in the open water section or here but it is about swimming.I just read this-bigstory.ap.org/.../ap-investigation-rios-olympic-water-rife-sewage-virus and am worried for our open water swimmers. What a terrible predicament,work for years to go to the Olympics and then get really really sick. This is a black eye on the IOC,who like FINA, is more interested in politics and patronage than athletes.
Parents
  • Yeah, I think it's a black eye on the IOC, and the Brazilian OC too. Back when they were awarded the 2016 games (sometime around 2009) it was known then that the water was polluted. But the Brizilian govt said that they could get it cleaned up by the time the games rolled around. Well, it's obvious that isn't going to happen. Yes...they should find a suitable alternative location. Dan
  • Yeah, I think it's a black eye on the IOC, and the Brazilian OC too. Back when they were awarded the 2016 games (sometime around 2009) it was known then that the water was polluted. But the Brizilian govt said that they could get it cleaned up by the time the games rolled around. Well, it's obvious that isn't going to happen. Yes...they should find a suitable alternative location. Dan
Children
No Data