Why aren't there more Open Water events?

Former Member
Former Member
I am guessing it is because of course logistics. It is frustrating because as a pool swimmer who also loves OW there are so few events on a regular basis! Living in the SE we can OW swim from April to late October but the races are few and far between outside of triathlons. Besides the race calendar on the USMS site, where else can I find event listings?
Parents
  • Here is another event listing for open water swims: www.openwaterswimmingracecalendar.com/ Many open water swims are held for great causes - the Jim McDonnell Lake Swim in Reston, Virginia, the St Croix Coral Reef Swim... I am on the organizing team for the Ocean Games, which offers a series of 1, 3 or 9 mile ocean swims and SUP races in Ocean City, MD every July. Ocean Games is one of the only open water events on the East Coast to offer an ocean-based marathon swim (the 9-mile). Proceeds go to the Hopkins Brain & Stroke Rehab Program and the story behind this is really amazing. Here's more info from our 3rd year! www.swimspire.com/3rd-annual-ocean-games/
  • Here is another event listing for open water swims: www.openwaterswimmingracecalendar.com/ Many open water swims are held for great causes - the Jim McDonnell Lake Swim in Reston, Virginia, the St Croix Coral Reef Swim... I am on the organizing team for the Ocean Games, which offers a series of 1, 3 or 9 mile ocean swims and SUP races in Ocean City, MD every July. Ocean Games is one of the only open water events on the East Coast to offer an ocean-based marathon swim (the 9-mile). Proceeds go to the Hopkins Brain & Stroke Rehab Program and the story behind this is really amazing. Here's more info from our 3rd year! www.swimspire.com/3rd-annual-ocean-games/
Children
No Data