My start is really bad…

Former Member
Former Member
I need to improve my start, especially since I sprint 50m BR. Start is half of the race ))) No matter if I try grab or track start, it’s all the same – I’m going a bit down from the block (like falling), there is no horizontal fly phase. Then I slap water with my shanks. And with that I dive too deep in – about 6-7 feet. Here is the video of different start takes in every other manner to find that horizontal body position. I failed every time. https://youtu.be/K8S11zOi1rQ I think there is too much coordination tasks for me in one rapid motion. Is it possible to break it into key movements? Or any other advices? Put a cord across the lane? Or a hula-hoop? ))
Parents
  • Remember you can always start in the water, or you can dive from the pool deck. Both options are completely legal in competition. Do what you are most comfortable at for your ability or physical limitation.
  • Remember you can always start in the water, or you can dive from the pool deck. Both options are completely legal in competition. Do what you are most comfortable at for your ability or physical limitation.
Children
No Data